Business as a force for good
蜜桃视频Capitalism and business have spread to the far corners of the globe and the results have been impressive. Yet, today, contradiction is in the air. Absolute poverty has declined but relative poverty has risen. The digital dividend seems real but so too does the digital divide. Energy is more abundant, yet year after year climate related costs and concerns rise. The labour force grows but labour share in total income declines. Health care budgets rise but health itself seems to decline. Economics still favours openness but politics is more ambivalent and more national. Trust has declined in the practice and paradigm of business.
蜜桃视频Accordingly, for enterprises to succeed and sustain in the 21st century, they will have to better and more systematically integrate economic performance and societal progress.
Integrating Performance and Progress蜜桃视频 is one of the first programmes for business leaders that explicitly incorporates moral philosophy in its core and that aims to help leaders integrate business models with business morals.
The programme addresses the growing reality that many of today’s emerging business dilemmas are socio-philosophical and not just techno-economic in nature.
How you benefit
- Review what drives performance and when and why it can run counter to progress
- Learn about the essence of progress. Understand the principles of progress and comprehend the relevance of moral philosophy in your evolution as a reflective business leader or entrepreneur
- Understand how to employ the philosophical principles in shaping enterprise strategy, operations, and governance
- Anticipate and learn how to address the implementation challenges within your organisation and industry
- Develop an actionable approach to better integrate performance and progress within your organisation by working with a professional philosopher
- Move beyond traditional CSR (corporate social responsibility) and construct a proactive, credible, and trust-deepening way forward.
蜜桃视频This programme is designed for senior leaders who want to comprehend and clarify how they may better integrate enterprise performance and societal progress in their organisation.
- Typical participants include heads of businesses, heads of functions, board members, family business owners, and entrepreneurs
- Applicants will ideally have authority and autonomy over a business or function, and, where relevant, be nominated by the head of their organisation.
This programme qualifies for the INSEAD Certificate in Global Management.
"You are adept at making decisions, you will become more adept at making choices." Subi Rangan, Programme Director
Bringing philosophical principles to business practices with INSEAD's new programme, "Integrating Performance and Progress".
The forces reshaping the world - interdependence, proximity, and forced transparency - have left us disoriented and morally unmoored, with few bulwarks to lean on. Trust has broken down - between citizens and elected officials, between business leaders and employees, between consumers and suppliers, between people with opposing opinions.
INSEAD professor of strategy and management Subramanian Rangan explains that, in a new era of sustainable performance in business, companies must embody considerations of justice, diversity and integrity, as well as efficiency.
蜜桃视频Notwithstanding serious effort and dedication, so often there is a shortfall between peoples' expectations of government and what government delivers. At a recent symposium on government and progress, participants explored why and suggested that a new social contract is needed between public leaders and citizens.