Begins 27 Apr 2020
Please visit Dates & Fees for more session dates
Prepare for your first board mandate
The Aspiring Directors Programme is a five-day programme that helps high potential professionals, managers or executives preparing for their first board mandate to acquire the knowledge base that directors are expected to master, and which form the basis of effective board membership.
蜜桃视频Being a board member today is a very different role from being a senior executive and brings with it added complexity and unique responsibilities which are different from other management and operational roles. To successfully carry out a board mandate, directors must have a general overview of a company’s operational activities and corporate governance, including an understanding of its exposure to risk and strategic direction.
Through its Corporate Governance Centre, INSEAD’s Aspiring Directors Programme aims to answer the fundamental questions, such as: What are the main institutions, roles and processes in corporate governance?, How best can directors exercise their responsibilities in the boardroom?
蜜桃视频Board members continually face new challenges like diversity, sustainability and digital advancements. Dynamic and immersive learning allows participants to understand the essential areas of the board - such as, architecture, structure, processes and the job market – allowing participants to progress into a board position with confidence.
How you benefit
- Understand the broader context in which boards operate and the responsibilities that come with a director mandate
- Gain an overview of the knowledge and competencies expected from directors in today's environment
- Engage with topical issues such as the growing impact of digital technology on strategy and organisations, and on the role of the board
- Develop director-specific competencies that contribute to the creation of a high-performing board
- Professionals, managers or executives without experience as board directors that aim to serve in a corporate governance role
- Family members and controlling shareholders of small and medium family companies
- Executive of government and non-profit organisations and agencies. Professionals from the institutional investment community
- Senior Executives (CEO, COO, CFO, CIO etc.)
Applicants should hold very little or no board experience as a director to date.
The director's development journey
- 1 Start with Aspiring Directors Programme (ADP) to prepare for first board mandate
- 2 Gain 3 years of board experience and join International Directors Programme (IDP) or International Directors Banking Programme (IDBP)
- 3 Become an INSEAD certified director (IDP-C)
- 4 Develop further competencies by taking 3 more Open Programmes (leadership, strategy, value creation) over 5-year period
- 5 Obtain INSEAD Advanced Certificate in Corporate Governance
INSEAD Certificates in Corporate Governance
INSEAD offers two certificates in Corporate Governance: the Certificate in Corporate Governance and the Advanced Certificate in Corporate Governance. Eligibility for these certificates begins with the completion of either the International Directors Prorgamme or the International Directors Banking Programme, both of which can be a suitable progression for past participants of the Aspiring Directors Programme.
INSEAD Corporate Governance Centre
The INSEAD Corporate Governance Centre was launched in 2010 and undertakes cutting-edge research and teaching tailored to the needs of boards and international directors. It aims to establish new programmes and events that foster a global dialogue on the challenges of corporate governance and leadership in an international context.
During 5 days, young professionals, managers and executives attended the 1st edition of the Aspiring Directors Programme in Luxembourg, organised by ILA and INSEAD.
蜜桃视频The society is becoming less tolerant towards corporates with selfish and self-serving agendas. What does it take to re-humanise the corporations and what is the role of the board in this context?
蜜桃视频Sonia Tatar, Executive Director of the INSEAD Corporate Governance Centre| November 19, 2019
N. Craig Smith, INSEAD Chaired Professor of Ethics and Social Responsibility; and Ron Soonieus, INSEAD Executive-in-Residence and Managing Partner at Camunico | June 7, 2019
蜜桃视频Sonia Tatar, Executive Director, INSEAD Corporate Governance Centre | March 28, 2019